Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Daria


one of my late night break has given me a new mantra. beside Jon Steward conflating Poo's importance, this exchange in Daria has me chuckling.

(Jane walks into the store, followed by Daria; a bell goes off and the staff rushes up to Daria, giving her a bundle of balloons)

Staff - (singing) When your feeling bad or mad or sad, buy a doo dad! You'll feel glad! It's not too sad, to buy a doo dad, today!

Jane - What are you doing to my friend?

(store manager has given Daria an armload of merchandise)

Manager - You're our lucky ten-thousandth customer. All these doo dads are yours for free! (pause) Don't you get it? You're our winner!

Daria (shocked) - Winner?

Jane - You know, it's another word for loser.


PS doesn't Daria look like Mari? its the glasses I think, or the sass.

No comments: