Tuesday, December 08, 2009

New and only features


I've been remunerating that I want to write more then sporacticly on my blog but had no real focus outside of just documenting my family's travels and or pictures. The Friday Pilliblogging will be started again but the newest and most exciting for me is that I've decided to add a thematic focus to some of my writing. Apparently I'm something of a Pop Culture critic, I'd like to say I'm good at it but its really more of trying to intellectualize the rapidly and yet ever present moods and currents in our American culture through the vast regions and types. And in a way trying to capture a small sliver of what I believe is a emerging world culture, not the UN/ Legalistic/ Government/ Olympic world culture but the uneven social connections that is being sped up by technology and global events. The unique position of the United States in being at once a foundation for and antianthem to the world culture is of particular interest to me even though I don't think my writing can every give it the justice it deserves.

I had a great name for the new Popular culture piece and I can't remember it. If people would comment and leave suggestions I'd love to hear them. And now back to remunerating about the culture wars and how it effects the world we all live in.

No comments: