Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Overnight musings

I'm frustrated with life... not that things are well they just could be better. I'm in month 3 of my job search and although I have a part time overnight job, my struggles with full time employment have soured my mood as Christmas roles around. This is the first Christmas that ciuapilli is going to remember and truly enjoy but were tight on money so we're going to make a strong effort to make it as fun as possible. Halloween was great and our neiboors are being great. I can't wait for thanksgiving and to hang out with my family. I'm sad to not be able to attend my cousin's ocsars theatical debut but I do hope there are other opportunities. Oh and I have decided to apply to law school this coming spring so I will be starting to study hard. Well goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing you cant handle.

Anonymous said...

I’m almost done with law school, and I’ve realized that this is a profession that has been mangled and heavily stereotyped by the media and society in general. It isn’t a cakewalk, or a quick path to fortune, or financial stability. Not that I’m questioning your motives, but simply critiquing my own.

Plus, law school sucks bro. It changes people. First year is a torturous experience. Second year is more of the same. Third year is a complete waste of time. Rather than teaching you how to be a lawyer, law school just teaches you how to think like one. So in the end, you’re going to learn how-to on the job.

Ok, now that I’ve fulfilled my duty to warn you, I’ll say that I think you would do very well in law school. You’re older. Spending time away from academia gave me such an edge over fresh-out-of-college first years. You’re a Yale grad. We know how to read and write very well. Ivy league schools do that to you. And, of course, you’re wick'd pissa’smaa’t. And though being an attorney is long hours. And involves constant dealings with clients, who either hate your guts, or are the scum of society. And involves work that can be so boring and tedious that if may drive you insane or burn you out. It does pay the bills, inversely proportional to how much of the latter you can put up with.

Anyway bro. I try to read your site as often as I can. Hope you and your family are doing well. Shoot me an email or give me a call if you want to talk more about law school. Oh, and I’m up to my old tricks again, well first years are not necessarily freshmen, but close enough.

Cuidate,
I