Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Chicano Art

Just got back from a Art Panel at ASU West with some famous Chicano artist. I was very cool to listen to some Old School Chicano's take on stuff of the moment, mostly where the Chicano movement has been and is going. Ciuapilli was her cute self saying hi to everyone. And the panelist were great, talked about the new paradigm the exsist for Mexican kids that don't take on Chicano as an Idenity but that there is still the need to educate and enlighten them.

My last point is kinda stupid but I wanted to mention it anyways, Jose Mantoya and his brother MalaquĆ­as Montoya were part of the panel and MalaquĆ­as Montoya had come for a Yale Confrence MEChA put on. Which reminded me of a thought I had when he came last time, with his hat and the way he semi-slouches made me think of him and now his brother as that cousin of Snoop from Peanuts. You know the one with the hat and the moustache. :) I love Chicanos.

No comments: